What are Aggregates?
Aggregates are mixed with cement, bitumen, lime, gypsum, or another adhesive to create mortar or concrete in architectural work.
In addition to water and portland cement, aggregates are inert granular materials like sand, gravel, or crushed stone that are a necessary component of concrete.
Strengthen The Concrete
The aggregate gives the finished product the volume, stability, wear and erosion resistance, and other desired physical properties. It enhances the concrete structure's strength and increases its durability.
Why Are Aggregates Important?
Provides Dimensional Stability
When mixed with concrete, aggregates provide exceptional dimensional stability by increasing elastic modulus, strength, and abrasion resistance.
Helps in Hardening of Concrete
The proportions of the mixture and hardening properties are also influenced by the quality of the aggregates in the construction work.
Act as Structural Filler
Fine aggregates acts as a structural filler that account for the majority of concrete mix volume formulas for building structures.
Types of Aggregate in Construction
Rounded aggregates polished by abrasion, erosion, and weathering are used to strengthen the concrete. The most typical rounded aggregates are rocks, stone, sand, and gravel found in riverbeds. The primary determinant of workability is rounded aggregates.
Irregular or Partly Rounded Aggregates
The irregular or partially rounded aggregates are produced as pit sands and gravel and are partly shaped by attrition. Aggregates with irregularities may contain 35–37% voids. Compared to rounded aggregates, these will provide less workability.
Maxlite BlockaAngular Aggregates
The rocks are crushed to create the angular aggregates, composed of sharp edges formed at the intersection of roughly planar surfaces. Angular aggregates' maximum percentage of voids (38–45%) results in less workability.
An aggregate particle is considered flaky if its least dimension (thickness) is less than 0.6 of the mean of the smallest sieve size it can pass through and the largest sieve size it can be retained on.
Elongated aggregate is defined as having a length greater than 180 percent of its mean dimension or a length larger than the other two dimensions.
Flaky and Elongated Aggregates
Aggregates are referred to as flaky and elongated when their length exceeds their width, and their width exceeds their thickness. Typically, these can be found in poorly crushed rocks.
How We Are Different From Other 12 mm Aggregate Wholesale Suppliers in Bangalore
We are the only 12 mm aggregate supplier in Bangalore that provides customized solutions for your specific needs. We understand that not all projects are the same, so we work with you to develop a tailored solution for your project.
- We are Bangalore's leading 12 mm aggregate supplier, and we offer the best prices in the city.
- Our 12 mm aggregate is of the highest quality and meets all your needs for construction applications.
- We have a large inventory of 12 mm aggregate, and we can deliver it to your door quickly and efficiently.
- We are a family-owned business, and we take pride in providing top-quality service to our customers.
Committee Member - USPA
- Stones are used for construction because they are strong, durable, and can hold up to a lot of weight.
- Stones can be used in many different ways, including as walls, floors, and roofs.
- Stones can also be used in place of other materials when it comes to construction projects.
- There are many different types of stones that can be used for construction, so finding the right one for the project is important.
- Stones are a common building material, so knowing how to use them properly is important for any builder or contractor.